Did you know that your liver is the main organ responsible for breaking down, neutralizing, detoxifying and removing chemicals, poisons, body waste, bacteria and undigested foods from our body? About one liter of blood passes through the liver every minute for detoxification.
Here are some of the best tips for supporting your liver for maximum performance:
- Daily intake of Omega 3s (flax seed oil, seaweed oil)
- Warm water with fresh lemon juice in the morning
- Milk thistle extract
- Dandelion extract
- Bitter greens (mustard greens, watercress, dandelion, arugula)
How to reduce liver burden:
- Avoid PCBs found in: old paints, contaminated fish.
- PVC (vinyl): cars, children’s toys, food containers, furniture, clothing, flooring, wallpaper, shower curtains, yoga mats – pretty much anything made of plastic.
- BPA (added to plastics to make them hard and durable): found in most plastics such as water bottles, composite plastic tooth fillings, and metal cans lining.
- PHTHALATES (added to plastics to make them soft and flexible): children’s toys, food packaging, vinyl upholstery, tablecloths, raincoats, shoes, clothing, artificial leather, and cosmetics.
- PARABENS (preservative): cosmetics, toothpaste.
- PESTICIDES (food preservative).
- FORMALDEHYDE (gas used to produce household products): air deodorizers, antiperspirants, cosmetics, laundry detergents, disinfectants etc.
MY FAVOURITE LIVER SUPPORT JUICE – THE LIVER LOVER
Cucumber, Celery, Pear, Lemon, Cilantro
Fresh dandelion (3-4 leaves) or dandelion extract (see bottle for daily dosage)
***Juice and drink immediately for best results. Ideally consumed in the morning.
With much love,